As usual, I'm copying one of Andrea's great ideas! It's called a memory tag and the directions are listed below. Now, many of the folks who visit my blog do not comment I know this because a) they email me and say so, b) they call me and say so, and c) I'm optimistic, surely someone is reading all of this... Please be a good sport, leave a comment and play along! Thanks!!
Here is a totally different game of tag.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew us a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
7 comments:
Just as you said, where, oh where do I begin? There are so many memories just to list one. With anyone besides you (and probably Lisanka) I would list just one, but like I said, there are just too many for one.
Remember my first calling in Mobile was with you in YW. I will never forget the car wash the girls had for camp, and I asked if you could give me a boost onto a van and you told me that you couldn't. Later you pulled me aside and you told me you were pregnant with Kendal. I remember being so happy for you, and I felt lucky to be one of the first to know! I think you were worried that you hurt my feelings--which you did not.
Another memory was when we drove to the Birmingham Temple dedication with all of the kids. That was such a fun and spiritual day. And then again when we went on a road trip to Marc's parents in N.C. Fun, Fun.
Then there was the time when you and Lisanka just happened to show up when this lady was about to beat me up in the Wal-Mart parking lot because I was waiting for someone to pull out of a parking spot and I was blocking her from pulling out. I remember little 'ole you coming to protect me.
Also, all the times we have been shopping together on Black Friday.
OH, and who could forget us singing in pajamas at the ward talent show so many years ago.
Then there was the time when Lisanka and I took you to Los Rancheros for your birthday one year, and the lady that worked there put a BIG 'ole hat on your head and tried to put that stuff on your nose while trying to sing. I was like, "What is the lady trying to do to Susan"? You were a very good sport.
I have so many great memories with you. I could go on all night, but I won't. I too cherish our friendship. You are just like a sister to me, and I feel blessed that the Lord put you in my life.
Thanks for always being there in the good times, the bad times and all the times in between. I hope we will always be BFF :)
well, i can't really leave a memory...but i love your posts and i'm glad you "stalk" my blog LOL. just so you know, we all blogstalk, it's so great to see that others have similar experiences.
Susan,
My favorite memory of you is from the Sacrament meeting when I was released from YW and you were called. I recieved such a confirmation from the Spirit that you were exactly the perfect person to be called to that calling! I also enjoyed being your VT for the short while I was. You were always so sweet when I came over.
Ann B
Susan, I love this tag. My favorite memory of you is from way back in 1995 when you had just had Kendal and I was pregnant with Trent. You very generously let me borrow your maternity clothes. That meant so much to me and I think about it often even now when I think about how sweet and nurturing women can be to eachother. You are such a good example of that. So, thanks for setting a good example that I will remember and hopefully follow always.
Hola Susan!!
like Andrea said that Mexican restaurant for you b-day... I know you could have kill us!!!
you know all those time we had gonne to eat out late... and they close the restaurants with us in and the waitres or waiter ask over and over if we would like a drink or dessert? and as soon as we leave they lock the doors as fast as they can :)
how bout camp this year?
Hey about the night we went to MS to see the RS general and we stop to eat and the guy (waiter) was really creepy hitting on you? and no matter how many time you said I'm happly married!! and He still will come to the table to see if you needed anything or to see if the food was ok ?
Thank you for being my friend and to be there any time the I go cookie!
Lisanka
Susan,
My first memory is how awesome of a person you are what a great CTR teacher you were, but the thing I remember the most was at your wedding reception I thought you were the most gorgeous bride I thought you looked like a princess ! I remember not too long after Wanda and I running into you and Sis Ottinger at the airport when Marc left for the military and you were so sad watching his plane leave you guys always have been such and awesome couple & soo happy and close! You were an awesome aerobics instructor when I took your class when I was pregnant with Dylan and doing a little talking and losing track of time in the parking lot also! You have always been someone I have admired! You are amazing and I love and am a better person having known you thank you!
I think my strongest memory of you is at your wedding. You were so beautiful, an angel in white. I was so excited you invited me to help, it made me feel very grown up, which I was not. Now I think back about how young we all were. I also remember vividly the day that I saw an old picture of you at your mother-in-law's before you had your jaw/teeth moved. I was just amazed at how much it changed you and so glad you realized how beautiful and amazing you really are. I am very glad to be your friend.
Ann J.
Post a Comment