
When I first began blogging, I considered it an outlet for creative energy that I rarely had a chance to express. Also, it was a great way to stay in touch with distant relatives and long lost friends. And, truthfully, I do enjoy blogging - both the writing and the reading.
However, my days have become pretty full with school, the kids, school, my church calling, school, housework, school, etc. And, every time I sit down to write, I find myself either
a) with a mental block or,
b) with drool on my keyboard because I dozed off.
For those of you who don't know, I went back to school several years ago to finish my degree in elementary education. Earning a college degree has been a life-long dream for me, and I can hardly believe it is so close to being fulfilled. I am currently in my final semester of classes and will student teach in the spring. As wonderful as that is, I am a bit overwhelmed! The amount of coursework is tremendous!
So, that being said, I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger. That is, if anyone is still reading my blog. Have you all given up on me? Moved on to Pioneer Woman? Maybe so, I wouldn't blame you!
There is one more reason I haven't blogged as much...I've been two-timing with facebook. That's right, I've actually spent more time there than here. The thing is, I don't have to think much about facebook - just a word or two and I'm done. You know, it is easy to become my friend there too so if you want to join me, let me know...
Although, I haven't written much, I am still reading your blogs. Thanks so much for you updates, funny stories and family pictures. I enjoy them more than you'll ever know! Sometimes when I'm up late at night, working on a paper, I'll take a break to read your blogs. They always bring a smile to my face. What a GREAT way to keep in touch!
Anyway, I'll try to do better, so please don't give up on me!
Hugs, Susan
5 comments:
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! Just keep up the hard work, and it will be truly rewarding in the end. I went back to school to do my student teaching (I graduated in Deaf Education) when Cooper was a year old and Blaine was in his first year of medical school. I thought I would lose my mind, not to mention I felt like I was missing out on alot of things with Cooper, but I put in alot of hard work and alot of prayers and when I finally finished and got to walk at graduation, there was nothing like that feeling of GREAT accomplishment!!!! Just hang in there!!!! :)Good Luck with everything!
It's the fall crush--it happens every year! Too much going on in too short of a time! Which leaves me too little time to spend with one of my favorite people!!
I can't wait to hear all about your classroom experiences. Let's try to work a lunch into our busy schedules soon. But I agree--Facebook is like crack--it's so easy to pop in for a minute, then find our you've been there for hours!
Hope you are having a great day!
Greta
right on sista' I'm proud of you for going back to school and trudging through it all this time; what an inspiration.
I too am in the process of earning my degree [only two classes under my belt]and, well, it's on pause right now, but it's a life-long dream for me too. when the kids go to school, so to will i. We've sure missed you. welcome back, here's to staying...
oh and good luck with the rest of school, it's a great thing that's been keeping you away from the blogging world. i'll hike up a prayer for ya.
much love and encouragement,
coty
You have been missed. I've been M.I.A. myself and have thought the same that people have probably stopped coming, but I'll blog again sometime. Hopefully soon.
It was good seeing ya at school today!
I took a six month break once from blogging. I make a little list of blogging ideas so when I don't know what to write I have some ideas already -- that's probably why some of my entries are so lame -- didn't realize you were so close to finishing. That's awesome.
Post a Comment