
I'm thinking there must be some mistake. Surely 13 years have not passed since we brought our beautiful baby girl home from the hospital. Honestly, it seems like only yesterday...
I'll never forget our reaction when we found out you were going to be a girl. We were so excited we cried both tears of joy and tears of disbelief. As you know, boys run in both sides of the family. Girls are a rarity indeed. Could we be so blessed? Had our dreams really come true?

Oh, and you were so anxious to come to earth that you arrived two weeks early (and at 9 lbs. 3 oz. I'm sooo glad=) Your dad was out of town with the National Guard. As soon as he heard you were on your way, he took the first flight to Mobile. Well, he didn't quite make it to the hospital but an amazing thing happened. Just as you were born, the phone rang in the delivery room. It was your dad, calling from the airport. He heard you screaming in the background. He couldn't wait to get to the hospital to meet you.

I wasn't alone in the delivery room, though. Nana and Gram were right there with me. They were among the first to greet you. I know it is a day they will never forget...


Justin was so happy to have a baby sister. Finally, our family was complete. And, believe it or not, he loves you with all of his heart...


As you grew, it was obvious you'd be a beauty. Not just your ordinary pretty girl, mind you. But, a true beauty that radiates from the inside out...

Over the years you have developed very special relationships. The kind of relationships that are honest and true. You can find a friend wherever you go! More than that, you seem to attract others who are in need of a true friend. You do not judge, you accept...

I love that you have a desire to do what is right and to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that you remind me to do what is right. I love that you are a quiet example to me and to everyone in your life.

You also have a love for animals. And, they love you too! They seem to sense your sweet spirit and are drawn to it..
Kendal, I want you to know that it has been a blessing and a privilege to be your mother. You are the daughter that others dream of having.
I wish I could stop you from growing up so quickly but I know that is a selfish desire. You have so much in life to look forward to and I am so very proud of the young woman you are becoming.
For me, the next 13 years are sure to pass by as quickly as the first. I know you must grow and spread your wings. Always remember who you are and what you stand for. You are a choice daughter of a kind and loving Heavely Father. You can count on Him!
Once Again, Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl! I LOVE YOU!!!
2 comments:
Susan, this post made me cry. Kendal is truly a beautiful girl inside and out. I appreciate her sweet spirit and the example she is for my girls. I love that she still "plays" with them even though she is older. They love her as do I. I hope she has the Happiest Birthday and I too can't believe it's been 13 YEARS! OHHH.
Happy Bday Kendal.
P.S. I love all the pictures!
I loved that post. I'm sure your beautiful daughter did too. What a blessing, she sounds so wonderful. Oh, and yes, she IS gorgeous isn't she!!!
Post a Comment