
My dad passed away nineteen years ago today.
I still miss him.

I wish he'd been there on my wedding day.

I wish he'd met my children.
I wish his addiction to cigarettes hadn't been so strong.
I wish I could hear his laugh.
I wish I could hear his unique pronunciations for everyday words.
I wish I could hear him say "and the whole nine yards" just one more time.
I wish he hadn't died so soon.
I'm glad he chose me to be his daughter.
I'm glad he loved me.

I'm glad he loved Marc (although I was sometimes jealous of their friendship=)
I hope someday I'll see him again.
I hope he knows I understand.
I hope he is proud of me.
I hope if you still have your dad you will tell him today how much he means to you.
3 comments:
Oh Susan, this post makes me cry. Having a dad is a gift and we are both lucky to have great ones for our children.
I LOVE the picture of you and your dad, I know he LOVED you and something I know is surer than life itself is that he is proud of you (who wouldn't be, you are nice, smart, a great mom, a great friend and beautiful on the outside to top it all off), but the biggest thing that I KNOW is that you will see him again someday--never forget Families are Forever!
Well I guess I don't have to wait until Monday.
Like Andrea..this post bring tears, it make me think about my dad he still living and I do not take to much time to talk to him, it's making me to rethink my relations ship with my dad.
Thank you for the post! :)
Lisanka
I'm not sure how I missed this post???
Nevertheless, what sweet, sad words. Dad's are wonderful, and what a lucky Father you have to have such a beautiful daughter to look down on -whom I'm sure brings much peace and happiness to his heart. When you get the opportunity to see him again, be sure to tell him "the whole nine yards"...including your love for him (which I'm sure he already knows)
Love ya!
Post a Comment