Okay, that is not completely true.
We usually watch the ball drop in NY on TV and then struggle to stay up til midnight central time.
So, you can imagine my delight when a dear sister from our ward invited us over for a New Year's Eve Bash!
Her name is Sister Schloemer and she is without a doubt the nicest, most hospitable person I've ever met. When you are in her home you feel like part of the family rather than an invited guest. She just has this way...don't know if this is what they refer to as the "Way of the Islands" (she's from Hawaii)...all I know is it is very special indeed...She makes everyone feel welcomed and loved.
Being more like her - that is my REAL New Year's Resolution!
She also happens to be our YW president and I am fortunate enough to be her counselor. When we first moved into the ward, Kendal was having an especially hard time with the change. But, not for long. Sister Schloemer took her under her wing and made her feel welcomed and loved. How does she do that?
I thought I'd share a few pics from our evening with ya'll - Proof that we actually did do something this New Years Eve.
Of course, I did not take the pictures...guess who did=)
But I am so happy to have a record of the wonderful evening!

Group picture - missionaries had to leave early (of course) but I am so glad they came for a bit. Everything is better when they are around!

Justin eating with the missionaries. I can just see him in a white shirt in a few more years=)

Kendal watching Cody and Noah play guitar hero - I think??

Kendal and her
(she is not actually a foot taller than him - she was standing on top of the Schloemer's treadmill and Cody is on the floor=)

Nope - No underage drinking here - just sparkling non-alcoholic cider to ring in the New Year!
5 comments:
Looks like so much FUN. Funny that you mentioned Kendal not being a foot taller because when I saw that pic, I was like---WOW Kendal is a giant next to him. LOL.
Guess what we did for New Years? What you have done in the past. LOL
P.S. I want to be more like Sis. Schleomer too. She really is great isn't she?
Next yeat we will have to change that Andrea!
Change the part about you doing nothing for New years I mean-)
yeah, I got that :)
Post a Comment