Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Disney World 2009


The hardest part about going to Disney World is coming back home. Not that we didn't miss our family, friends, and pets because we did and thought of them often (in a wish they were here kind of way.) Still, coming back to the "real world" is difficult.

I often hear Disney referred to as a theme park, however, it so very much more. Sure, there are rides and shows like a theme park but Disney also has something special - yes, magical!

The first thing that sets Disney apart is the fact that it is unbelieveably CLEAN. Even with the thousands of people who passed through its streets the week leading up to Independence Day, it was rare to find one scrap of paper on the ground. Spills were quickly wisked away by the countless "cast members" throughout the park dressed in white uniforms - also very clean. Even the trash cans are clean. I am not kidding. They must polish them each and every day.

Another unique thing about Disney World is that 99.9% of the people both working at and visiting the park are HAPPY. Whether they are starting the "wave" while waiting for Fantasmic, shouting hello from a passing tram, or just smiling as you walk by - their enthusiasm is contagious. You don't want it to end. You don't.

Finally, my favorite part about Disney is that you are able to escape from the distractions of every day life. Some might say that reality is what one escapes. All I know is that I spent eight days with my family - no phone calls, no emails, and no house cleaning ( I really liked that part.) Just time together building memories. We talked together, played together, and laughed together. I guess I realized how much my focus is outside my family these days. Think I'll have to do something about that. Perhaps the best part about Disney is the Magic you bring back home with you. I hope it lasts - truly I do!

No comments: