Monday, May 26, 2008

Birmingham or Bust!




Now that Kendal is 12 we can go to the Temple as a family. What a great blessing that is! A couple of months ago, along with a group of youth from our ward, we went to the Birmingham Temple together for the first time. Although the trip to and from Birmingham was a bit cramped and long, we had a great time! Of course, after attending the temple we all stopped for lunch followed by candied pecans and/or ice cream at Priesters. So much for my (ongoing, never ending) diet!! I have to admit that, although I ate so much I thought I'd pop, it was worth every bite and all 3,000 calories! Who knew going to the Temple could be so fattening? Well, we're headed to the Baton Rouge Temple in a couple months and you know what that means - Cajun food!! Oh dear, I better start saving up my points now!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

hola que hermosa familia tiene y que bueno es saver que esta en el evangelio correcto y es la iglesia restaurada le mando saludes desde El Salvador mauriciohlj@hotmail.com

Andrea said...

I love this post and I can't wait until we can all go into the temple as a family.

Brooke said...

I LOVE the pictures of you as a family. You are such a great person and you've always been an inspiration to me. Temple attendance is one thing I need to work on. It's so great that you can all go together. Still can't get over Justin being so big and old. Guess it happens to the best of us!