Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ordinary Miracle #1 - The Rainbow Cloud

Each morning I drive the kids to and from school on I-10. Let's just say it isn't exactly the most scenic of views - okay it's a pretty ugly ride! Often I find myself looking up at the clouds as a way to find some loveliness as I make this daily commute. As I gaze up at the heavens I think, "where have those clouds been and where are they going? Did they come from Texas? Are they headed for Florida? Or, is it the other way around? Is that a rain cloud? Wow, there isn't a cloud in the sky today!"Although the kids are teenagers, they still enjoy looking for interesting clouds that look like some other object. I love hearing the kids call out, "hey that cloud looks like __." Sometimes we can all see what the other person sees and other times we just don't - but that's okay. It is just a fun way to pass the time.

In April, we were returning home from a wonderful spring break in North Carolina and Tennessee when Kendal spotted the most amazing cloud. The cloud actually had a rainbow in it. No, not like there was a rainbow behind the cloud, the rainbow was in the cloud. Quickly, we grabbed the camera and snapped a picture. Now, I am sure there is a scientific explanation for this rainbow cloud but for us it was an ordinary, everyday miracle and we were impressed!


Is that cool or what?
Is it just me, or does that cloud have wings?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It does look like it has wings. At least to me. That's really cool. Thanks for sharing Susan!