Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Sixth and Final Day at Disney - A Return to Hollywood!


On our sixth and final day at Disney, we decided to return to Hollywood Studios. We took our time that day - no rushing through the crowds! I think we all wanted to savor these last hours. The bad thing about Disney World is that the time passes so quickly. Soon, you have to head home and, dare I say, back to reality. Part of the MAGIC of Disney is that you literally escape all the cares of the real world. Sure, that isn't something you can do forever but, honestly, doing it for a week is simply magnificent!

Didn't get any pictures of me that day. But just so you know I looked fabulous, lol!


First stop - why Star Tours of course! Justin was truly wishing they'd had the Jedi Training Academy when he was younger!


Then on to Indiana Jones...


...okay enough with the itinerary! We did EVERYTHING! Here are a few pics of the family. First Marc and sweet baby girl...


Handsome Justin (btw we were eating at the Backlot Restaurant)


Justin and evil Sith #1


Justin and evil Sith #2 (although I think he turned AWAY from the dark side if I remember correctly...)


Kendal riding the tram...


Justin dreaming of all the fun he'd had and wishing he could stay another week!


This is the resort where we stayed - thanks to my big bro Scoop (aka Greg) Thanks Scoop!!!



And, here is Gabby the next day - heading home (Sophie is in the van too - just hiding from the trauma of spending a week in the dogie hotel!)


I couldn't help but think, as I looked through these photos, that the era of having my babies in my home is coming to a close. Justin is beginning tenth grade (can you believe it?) and Kendal will be in eighth. Where have the years gone? Sometimes, during our vacation, I would see a glimpse of the little boy and little girl who came with us to Disney World all those years ago. The way Kendal's eye's lit up when she spotted a Disney Princess... The expression on Justin's face when he visited Star Tours for the first time... As teenagers, the experience was a little different. However, it was no less magical. I guess that just proves that you really are NEVER too old to be a kid. And for that, I am grateful!


Our previous Disney trip 2001

3 comments:

Britt Family said...

I have loved looking at all your Disney posts! I find it awesome that even though the kids are older they still found it magical! I can't wait till we can take our kids!

Andrea said...

I'm glad ya'll had such a fabulous time. I love the picture you added from the first time you went. So sweet. Oh, and you always look fabulous! :)

Coty said...

How sweet! Look at you guys back in 2001. Wow, it almost makes me want to cry...allbeit, I'm still very much in the middle of raising "younguns"...it still makes me sentimental to think about how much life will change.
Leif starts school this year...it's so wild!

Thanks for sharing your good times with us all!