"When you wake up everyday Please don't throw your dreams away Hold them close to your heart 'Cause we are all a part Of the ordinary miracle" - Sarah Mclachlan
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Finally I'm A Blogger
Our family blog has been a work in progress for quite some time now. After much encouragement from friends (fellow bloggers) I decided this would be a great way to keep in touch with those we just don't see enough of. I didn't realize how long it would take me to figure out how to make a blog, name it, pick a background, and a theme song (I know I didn't need one but I really wanted a theme song!) Finally, about a week ago I completed what I thought was the perfect blog for the Gulf Coast Ottingers. I chose the name "Ottinger's Paradise," picked Phil Vassar's song "Just Another Day in Paradise" as our theme, and had a nice tropical background. Excitedly I showed it to Marc who promptly asked "who are these people?" I tried to defend the title, pointing out that the theme song does not imply our life is a paradise but rather that we're still together, in love, despite life's interruptions. Well the very next day everything went wrong, I mean EVERYTHING!! Feeling I'd jinxed myself by calling my life a paradise, back to the drawing board I went. Many titles went through my mind but nothing quite seemed right. I was about to give up and use Marc's suggestion, "Susan's Blog," when I heard Sarah McLachlan's song "Ordinary Miracle." That was IT! I have always enjoyed the soothing sound of the song but for the first time I really listened to the words. You know, so many times I rush through life never really noticing the everyday miracles all around me. As I begin this blog, I hope to spend a little more time contemplating those miracles and expressing my gratitude for them. I am truly so very grateful to be here, in this very moment, and living this life (even if it is no paradise).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it. I think it is perfect and I love "Ordinary Miracles". Those are the best, but often seem to be the ones most overlooked. I can't wait to read more!
Susan,
I have always loved and felt like you are such an inspiration to me i am so glad you have started blogging! Just like Andrea says we can hear your side of the story and as you say enjoy your ordinary miracles that you notice and love! I already love sarah mclaughlin but i love this song by far it has got to be one of my favs im going to have to steal it from you i love this already and am sure to again in the future i know! thanks for the invite!!~Carly
Post a Comment