Friday, May 23, 2008

How Did This Happen?

Justin and his buddies at 8th grade graduation






How on earth did Justin get to be 6'1" and headed for high school? Seriously, wasn't it just yesterday he was a toddler, running like a wild man through the chapel at church? And, I seem to recall - not long ago - he was starting kindergarten with the most important thing in his life being Thomas the Tank Engine. Then there was the digging for "chicken size dinosaurs" in our back yard, soccer and t-ball practices, video games and his obsession with Star Wars (okay, some things never change). Truly, I'm not sure how we got to this place. What I do know, however, is that I couldn't be prouder of the young man he has become. Next year, he will be attending Davidson High school (where his dad went=) and participating in the International Baccalaureate program as well as the EPIC (Engineering) program. He is going to have a pretty busy four years but I know he is up to the challenge.

Justin receiving one of his awards

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations to Justin! I know that the next for years will be great! He is such a nice and smart young man, something that is not easy to find in todays world, you have a lot to be proud of. I remember him being little too. I can't believe that I have to look up to him now (and I'm thinking pretty soon, I'll be looking up at Kendal too). LOL. It doesn't seem possible, does it?

Brooke said...

Justin is sooo big! I remember him spending the night and he and Jeffrey looking at Pokemon cards and talking non-stop about that! Jeffrey will be starting 8th grade and it kills me. I'm just re-starting my blog so you'll have to check out some pictures of him. Hopefully I'll have them up tonight. I love reconnecting and hope you are doing well!