"When filled with God's love we can do and see and understand things that we could not otherwise do or see or understand. Filled with His love, we can endure pain, quell fear, forgive freely, avoid contention, renew strength, and bless and help others in ways surprising even to us." - Elder John H. GrogergI recently finished a really good book that I wanted to share, "A Heart Like His" by Virginia H Pearce. The book was given to me by Marc's Mom for Christmas (and yes, I'm just now getting around to reading it=) It is non-fiction and filled with great ideas about how we can open our hearts to others around us. Best of all, the book explains how to do this without changing our daily routines! It isn't a very long book, only 106 pages, and it is an easy read. These days it's easy to get caught up in all that's wrong with the world. With so much that needs to get done, we often rush through life without pausing to see those who truly need a helping hand or a kind word. So if your heart is feeling a little "closed, small, or hard" pick up a copy of this book (or just ask me and you can borrow it).
2 comments:
I would love to read it. I need all the uplifting that I can get. I am one who can get caught up with all the "UGLY" in the world and forget the good. Thanks for the reminder. And I love that you get inspirational books for Christmas. I need to put that on my Christmas list.
I'm going out to Utah/Idaho in a couple of weeks and I'm always looking for a reason to go to Deseret book and now I have it! can't wait to read it. You know me...I love to read....
Post a Comment