Kendal and I attended the Carrie Underwood concert together last Friday night (Kendal is supposed to be blogging about this in greater detail on her blog - hopefully soon). It was such a wonderful event! I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the concert, the performance, and Carrie Underwood herself. She sounds just as good in person as she does on her studio recorded CD! Best of all, she was humble and kind. We were very close to the stage and even closer to the runway she walked down several times during the show. Each time, she made a point to stop and touch every person's hand she could reach. In addition, she took whatever people were trying to give her. She took the flowers, the stuffed animals, the Mardi Gras beads and even the cotton candy! She talked about how, not long ago, she was just a regular girl with a dream. She said she couldn't believe she'd been so blessed as to actually get the chance to live that dream. It was refreshingly sincere and very touching. The crowd was also great. Lots of moms and daughters. If there was drinking, we didn't see any. How nice it was, as a mother, to take my daughter to such a decent concert! (I moved some of her songs up on my playlist, if you're not familiar with her music - have a listen - great vocals!)

Kendal waiting for the show to start
(check out the runway in the background -
GREAT SEATS!!!)
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you and Kendal were able to share that! I'm sure it will be one of the many wonderful memories that will be with you forever. Maybe the next time she comes we can all go?
I would love that Andrea! The one thing that would have made it better would was sharing it with friends=)
I wish I kept up with the local news. I had no idea Carrie Underwood was going to be in Mobile until the day it happened!
Ann B
I must say that she's a great example of an Oklahoman! I love that that you two got to spend time together. What a fun concert too. My sis-in-law and I are going to the American Idol concert in two weeks. Can't wait!
Post a Comment