Saturday, June 14, 2008

Justin Update - Finally an Email!!

FINALLY!! We received an email from Justin. The email was exactly one sentence long. He apologized for not calling and said he'd been very busy. He said he'd try to call tomorrow and wished Marc a Happy (early) Father's Day. It dawned on me that, not only are his days full of activities from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., for the first time Justin is responsible for himself. He has to do his own laundry, make sure he is up and ready on time each day, and his bags are packed and ready to move to different locations at least every other day. Although we practiced some of this at home, it truly is the first time he has put his new found skills to the test. I am sure it is a bit overwhelming but also great practice for the future. Although it is hard to let go, I know it is a great experience for him. And, I will rest much easier this evening knowing he is safe and sound!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YEAH! I'm so glad that you got some sort of contact from him. Sometimes when you just want to hear from someone (especially your child)it's hard to remember that they are probably wanting to make contact, but are just so busy...Glad to know all is well. I bet he is having a blast. Oh, and hey it's good to know that he is at least spending some money. LOL.