As most of you know (or at least the four of you who read my blog), Justin was in the UK and Ireland for twenty days as a Student Ambassador. He had a GREAT time! Look for details on his blog, coming soon.
When this photo was taken, Justin had been awake for more than twenty hours. He discovered that he "just can't sleep on airplanes!"
He seems a little different, now that he's had a bit of sleep. Different, in a GOOD way. It's hard to describe but he is more mature, self sufficient, and even happier than usual. This is the outcome we were hoping for and we have not been disappointed.
As we were driving to the airport, I got a bit teary eyed. I just couldn't help but think how quickly kids grow up. It won't be long before Justin leaves for a mission, college, and then on to begin a family of his own. And Kendal, is only two years behind him! I'd often been told, when they were young, how quickly the time would pass. Now I know just how much it's true!
So for those of you who still have little ones (or not so little ones) at home, cherish every minute! Don't get so busy with life that you forget to spend time with them. Just being their moms, truly is a blessing and a gift. I know I'm going to enjoy every minute of every day that I have left!
3 comments:
As you know, our family is VERY happy that Justin is back. I told you that Cecily kept getting confused that Justin was on his mission. LOL
It is true. They do grow up fast. :( (that's me being sad).
When I saw my baby in his suit walk away from me at the Pensacola Airport I cried...when I saw him in his suit coming toward me in the Mobile Airport I cried. I was proud when he left and relieved when he came home. I don't think age is a factor in this. We know that our children are growing and finding themselves, but it sure is great when they come back to us.
Ann B
He looks great, tired, but great!
Post a Comment